I forgot to add the directions for removal and replacement. Here is what I have in my manual:
1992 Jeep Truck Wrangler L6-242 4.0L VIN S MFI
Removal and Installation
Vehicle Transmission and Drivetrain Transfer Case Service and Repair Procedures Removal and Installation
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
NP231 TRANSFER CASE
1. Position transfer case shift lever into neutral.
2. Raise and support vehicle.
3. Drain lubricant from transfer case.
4. Place alignment marks on front and rear propeller shafts for use during installation, then remove front and rear propeller shafts.
5. Disconnect vent and vacuum hoses and range linkage from transfer case, then disconnect speedometer cable.
6. Using a safety stand to support transmission, remove rear crossmember.
7. Support transfer case using a suitable transmission jack, then remove transfer case to transmission attaching bolts and lower transfer case from vehicle.
8. Reverse procedure to install.
I hope they help.
Friday, January 22nd, 2021 AT 1:18 PM