SQUEAKY NOISE FROM WHEEL WHEN TURING

2004 Toyota Sienna

ramzih

September, 22, 2008 AT 1:51 PM

Noises problem
2004 Toyota Sienna 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 45000 miles

Hi,

My car started to make squeaky noise coming from the front right wheel when I turn left while driving. The noise disappears after the car pickup speed.
The sound started after the car was driven into a flooded street during a rainy day.

Thanks,

Ramzi

Jack42

September, 23, 2008 AT 8:07 AM

Might have somehow gotten water in the wheel bearing and it makes noise when loaded heavily (left turn). Does the noise go away if you drag the brakes gently?

meltillis

December, 7, 2008 AT 12:43 AM

I have a 2001 Sienna, it was making a noise when I made a left turn, at very slow speeds (20 mph and under). After checking I found that the brake shims on the back of the pads had moved and while making a slow left turn would make a cherping / sqeeking sound. Again, I only heard this at low speeds, I removed the shims from the back of the pads and purchased a silicone spray backing compound (blue in color from a local auto parts store)and applied it, let it dry and reassembled. I left the shims off, according to instructions on can and the noise is now gone, (quiter than ever) has worked well for about six months, no problems.

Upper Control Arm Replacement