RUBBING NOISE DURING TURNING TO THE RIGHT ONLY

Toyota Rav4

jackierav

April, 6, 2006 AT 1:30 AM

Hi, I have a 2001 Toyota Rav4 2WD with 71K. My husband replaced the front brake pads 4 days ago. Today it started to make a rubbing noise only when he turns to the right. Otherwise, the vehicle sounds fine. He does not know alot about cars, but had done the brakes before on a truck. However, this time he did forget to bleed the brakes before he started so he did it at the end. He has a friend that told him he thought it sounds like the rotor needs turned. The only other work we have had done recently was at a shop, they drain and flushed: the coolant, power steering fluid and transmission fluid. Also they changed the differential fluid. Please let me know what you think it could be.

ladyinbayview

April, 17, 2006 AT 5:10 PM

It's hard to tell what kind of rubbing noise it is making without hearing it. It could be that you need a new CV boot, or you might just need an alignment. Is the tire rubbing the plastic like guard? Your guard could be broken, and rubbing the tire as well. Does the car pull to one side when driving if you take your hands off the wheel? If yes, that is an alignment problem, and can mess up the turning of a vehicle, also kill your tires. You could need new bearings on the CV joint. It's hard to tell without hearing it. I'm female - not a mechanic, but those I've heard and helped my hubby fix before on other cars. (Except the alignment, that had to be done in a shop - computerized). Hope that helps.

Differential Fluid Change Ford F250
Differential Fluid Service - Front
Differential Fluid Drain/Refill
Differential Fluid Service Chevrolet 2500HD
Differential Fluid Level Check