2007 TOYOTA RAV4 TIRES

• greekgnp
  • 2007 Toyota Rav4

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2007 Toyota Rav4 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 47000 miles

When Driving at higher speeds my wheels feel like they are swaying back and forth. It feels like I am going to lose control of my car. I notice when driving behind a tractor trailer the swaying is even worse. What could be causing this?

Sunday, March 7th, 2010 AT 6:44 PM

• legitimate007

Could be a couple of things, the tires could have slipped belt, or uneaven tread. Run your fingers along the tires, see if you feel one side of the tread higher than the other or one side bald. Also an alignment could be your problem, and tie rod ends.

Sunday, March 7th, 2010 AT 7:39 PM
  • greekgnp

I went to my garage and thy test drove it and checked tires, balance, alignment and made sure everything else was tight. PS my tires are only a few months old. They could not find the problem although they to felt the tires shaking as well. I do not know where to go from here. I just do not like driving it like that. This has been happening for about the last 6 months and my car is 3 years old. It was not like that before the last 6 months.

Tuesday, March 9th, 2010 AT 6:16 PM
  • legitimate007

I still say it needs a front end allignment, and possibly tierod ends

Wednesday, March 10th, 2010 AT 11:26 AM