1992 TOYOTA PREVIA LOAD SENSING PROPORTIONING AND BY PASS V

• gilles dag
  • 1992 Toyota Previa

Brakes problem
1992 Toyota Previa 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 170000 miles

I recently change all the brake lines from the master cylinder to the back wheels, since the above mention valve was broken, I by passed it and connected the line directly to the back wheels, after the line was bled I put the whells back on I made slow ride around the house (1 acre lot) everything went well so I tried it on the road it went well also. What do think of all this. Is it safe, I use this old van once in a while just to transport ply wood dry wall an stuff for the family. The van is not worth very much, I could'nt buy a used valve they don't any at the srap yard and TOYOTA dealer want $321.10 +tax that's about what the van is worth. Waiting for your answer THANK YOU Gilles

Sunday, April 20th, 2008 AT 12:14 AM

• legitimate007

Let me just ask you, that previa does have abs right?

Sunday, April 20th, 2008 AT 6:11 AM
  • gilles dag

[quote="gilles dag"]Brakes problem

I recently change all the brake lines from the master cylinder to the back wheels, since the above mention valve was broken, I by passed it and connected the line directly to the back wheels, after the line was bled I put the whells back on I made slow ride around the house (1 acre lot) everything went well so I tried it on the road it went well also. What do think of all this. Is it safe, I use this old van once in a while just to transport ply wood dry wall an stuff for the family. The van is not worth very much, I could'nt buy a used valve they don't any at the srap yard and TOYOTA dealer want $321.10 +tax that's about what the van is worth. Waiting for your answer THANK YOU Gilles[/quotes)NO ABS BRAKES and I forgot to mention that I plugged the return line so now it works like in the old days Gilles

Sunday, April 20th, 2008 AT 7:59 AM