TUNDRA - HEADLIGHT PROBLEM

2001 Toyota Pickup

Ranch Hand

May, 14, 2007 AT 4:34 PM

2001 Toyota Tundra
270,000 miles, V6

I changed the battery yesterday and noticed that my headlights are not working properly. Could I have blown the fuse when reconnecting the battery, or could I have blown the headlights (dim does not work - lights come on when switched to brights. But the brights indicator light on dash does not light up)? I do not see the fuse for the headlights. Is there a special place for that fuse? AND the battery indicator light is still on on my dash. Is not not properly gounded?
Thanks for your help.

May, 14, 2007 AT 5:08 PM

If the headlite fuses are blown, you won't see the bright lites. The problem here could be your combo switch or ground.

As for the alty-you need to find out why that idiot lite is staying On. Could be a bad connections or the IVR.

Check all the fusible links in the power distribution box.

Ranch Hand

May, 14, 2007 AT 5:17 PM

Thanks for the info. And I don't mean to sound all blonde on you, but. Where will I find the power distribution box. And the combo switch on the headlights. Where would that be.
Again, thanks for the quick resposne.

May, 14, 2007 AT 7:07 PM

Its in the engine compartment at the L/Fender driver's side. You'll see the box there. Inspect every fuse there.

The Combination switch is where you activate the lights and trun signals.

Ranch Hand

May, 15, 2007 AT 4:23 PM

If it is not the fuse. Is it possible that the alternator is now bad and that is why the battery light is staying on?

May, 15, 2007 AT 4:32 PM

Lets do this get a voltmeter read the battery no load voltage-record it. Start the engine read he battery again, it should increase atleast 2volts over the battery no load, if not its not reconditioning the battery.

Recheck the connections on back of the alty, also look for power from the ignition switch at the connector this is the one that initiates the field excitation before the alty be on its own.

Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX
Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon
Headlight Lens/Housing Replacement Mini