R22E CARRYING A WIINEBAGO

1988 Toyota Pickup

calvinleman

October, 19, 2006 AT 4:49 PM

The overdrive on a 1988 Toyota R22e pickup carrying a Wiinebago does not work above 4000 feet altitude, according to the owners manual and my experience. How can I modify the pickup automatic transmission overdrive so that it works above 4000 feet altitude?

On long flat roads above 4000 feet, I have to keep speed 40-50 to not race the engine. Here the engine has plenty of power to run 60 mph without taxing either the engine or the transmission.

October, 19, 2006 AT 11:26 PM

I've seen this thread somewhere- You need to check the CTS/VSS/TPS sensors operation to include the No.3 solenoid. The 3-sensors has to feed the ECT computer the proper signal in order for the overdrive to function properly.

calvinleman

October, 20, 2006 AT 8:33 AM

Perhaps the wire to the overdrive solenoid, which runs from the overdrive relay, can be controlled by a switch that the driver controls. That may be all that is needed.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Replacement
Coolant Drain and Refill Chevrolet Tahoe
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Chevrolet
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chrysler PT
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Ford Focus
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Element