RADIATOR LEAK

Toyota

Lemiel

February, 28, 2006 AT 3:23 AM

After noticing that my radiator was smoking, I found that there was coolant on the top of my radiator which is now dripping down the grill as well. Though it does not drip to the ground, coolant is slowly accumulating at the bottom of the shell of the car. Would replacing the radiator be the simply solution to the leak, or should I look elsewhere? Thanks for the help.

fisherman

March, 1, 2006 AT 9:30 AM

Check the radiator cap first.

Lemiel

March, 2, 2006 AT 2:06 AM

The radiator seems to be leaking from all along the top edge. The cap is not leaking, and neither is the overflow, or any of the hoses. While the engine has yet to overheat, a majority of the radiator grill is wet with coolant, and is smoking. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

fisherman

March, 2, 2006 AT 9:17 AM

If its leaking from the top gasket you should take it to the radiator shop, those radiators are made off some kind off plastic with fiber once are broken the only way to fix them its replacing that section and the seal.

Three sections top, bottom and the center grill

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Upper and Lower Radiator Hose Replacement
Coolant Drain and Refill
Coolant Drain and Refill Scion XD