TRANSMISSION PROBLEM1994 OTHER TOYOTA MODELS 4 ...

1994 Toyota

Drewmann

November, 18, 2009 AT 5:37 AM

1994 Other Toyota Models 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

My car will only move when the temperature is high enough. It take approximatedly 4 minutes to get to there. Once the temperature is high enough the car works fine. This started to occur about two months ago. Before I did have to wait for the car to be hot enough in order to move. Can you give me some possible reasons to explain this?

4 Wheel Drive

1 IMAGE

November, 27, 2009 AT 3:10 AM

Hi Drewmann,

Inside the transmission assy there are many seals and over age, they would deteriorate and harden. The transmission fluid plays a very large part in maintaining the condition and prolonging the lifespan of these seals.

When these seals hardens over age, they would leak internally and when it occurs, pressure loss would not allow th e transmission to work. Warming up the fluids would cause the components and seals to expand slightly thus you are able to get the required pressure to work the transmission.

At times it is the valve body that requires cleaning. Some valves might be stuck when parked overnight and this would not allow the pressures to travel the desired route to work the transmission.

If the trans fluid are bad, getting them replacemd might buy you some time but overall the trans is fatigued and would need a rebuild sooner or later. It would fail anytime.

Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Wheel Bearing Hub Replacement
CV Axle Replacement