1) When I refer to tick over - I mean the idle speed of the engine (sorry, I'm British and live in Australia so the terminology is a little different!) The idle speed just seems to vary between 500-1500rpm without any apparent cause.
2) I believe the backfire is out of the tailpipe as I only really hear it when I'm passing a building so that the sound reflects back off it.
3) The regulator is just connected to the join between the pipe from the airbox and the thin metal housing that sits above the inlet manifold - it's not mounted directly onto the manifold at all?
4) Would changing the HT leads, distrubutor cap, rotor and spark plugs make a difference?
5) Thought you might like a picture of a koala as I don't think you get too many in the USA!
Top of engine.
LPG injection point into inlet hose.
A koala in my garden.
Saturday, November 15th, 2008 AT 10:30 PM