TIMING BELT

1992 Toyota MR2

vroomr2

June, 24, 2008 AT 9:29 AM

1992 Toyota MR2 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 171000 miles

just replaced timing belt. I followed instructions on the manual and I also made sure that I was on tdc. When I started the car it sounded good then when I drove it its like loosing power and the car has no acceleration.

Docfixit

June, 24, 2008 AT 9:46 AM

Did you turn engine over by hand a few times and recheck alignment? Sometimes you think you got it but due to the tenisioner and how belt was routed they get off a few teeth and she don't have no get up. Also did you check to see if any valves may have been bent can.T recall if this is an interference engine ore not. Let us know

vroomr2

June, 24, 2008 AT 2:43 PM

Yes I did rotate engine by hand, made 2 turns and it was still align. Also that while in nuetral I step on the gas and it doesnt rev normal. Rpm wont even reach 4000rpm

vroomr2

June, 24, 2008 AT 9:10 PM

Oh I forgot to mention the first time I installed the belt the car didnt start then I figured it wasnt align then redid it again and it started but with problems I have mentioned earlier.

vroomr2

June, 27, 2008 AT 5:33 PM

It's non interference.

Docfixit

June, 28, 2008 AT 10:01 AM

Lets go for basics check puel pressure and coil spark should be blue/white. Also put timing light rev does it advance 38 deg at 3000rpm.
Let me know

Step by Step Timing Belt Replacement Guide
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500