ELECTRICAL PROBLEM2001 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER 6 CYL ...

2001 Toyota Highlander

Jheidt

September, 28, 2009 AT 11:08 AM

2001 Toyota Highlander 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 65,000 miles

saame question as was asked about a 2004 highlander: car was running well until we took it out in a driving rainstorm. Ran fine until we came home and parked it. Now it won't start. Lights, windshield, etc. Work fine. When I turn the key to start it I just get a rapid clicking sound - the engine does not turn over or even sound like it is trying to turn over.

mathiaso

September, 28, 2009 AT 5:14 PM

Turn the headlights on/ turn the key in start.
How is the headlights?
A: do not dim.
B: do dim.

Get back to me.

Jheidt

September, 29, 2009 AT 8:00 AM

Will get back to you on Monday (car is at summer house). Is there a second step I should take if the lights dim (or don't for that matter) - so we can avoid needing to wait another week? For what its worth, when I turned on the windshield wipers they moved, but quite slowly.

mathiaso

September, 29, 2009 AT 5:14 PM

The battery may be the problem, if the battery is ok, check the cables for green cheeze at the battery post, starter and solenoid. Any green cheeze ad more resistance.

Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011