WHERE IS THE FUEL FILTER IN A 1992 TOYOTA ...

Toyota Corolla

wheatamanda

February, 26, 2007 AT 10:09 PM

Where is the fuel filter in a 1992 toyota corolla and how hard is it to change

Kryptonitefusion

February, 26, 2007 AT 11:56 PM

I can't help u locate ur fuel filter.I alone didn't know where my fuel filter was even though I knew what it looked it. Only because theres this other stupid thing that looks like a fuel filter as well was in plain sight.

Anyways my guess is that ur fuel filter is locate at the back of ur engine.

As far as changing it. Well lets say my first time doing it went smooth. U'll probably need extensions and most likely need to raise the car up.

I was told that before u remove the fuel filter u'll need to release the pressure and such. Which is just disconnecting the EFI fuse, and battery. After that its as easy as putting on a shoe

im not sure what answers u really want. Im new both to this forum and to automechanics.U might get better answers from someone here

February, 27, 2007 AT 12:16 AM

Its underneath the intake manifold drivers side to get at it-has to be done under.

To depressurize-start it up then remove the fuel pump fuse or relay wait till stalls then go for it.

BTW is this a 5M-GE or a 7M

wheatamanda

February, 27, 2007 AT 9:04 AM

BTW is this a 5M-GE or a 7M[/quote: 100031cdd8]
i dont know what 5m or 7m means all I know is it is a 16 valve 4 cilinder

mmprince3000

February, 27, 2007 AT 10:54 AM

If it's like a '91 it is on the drivers side directly below the master cylinder. The top is a banjo bolt and the bottom is a double inverted flare connector.
Best access is to remove the air cleaner assy. And hose to TB. Then remove the drivers side splash cover and the left front tire, you can see the bottom of the filter. Use a flare wrench on the bottom fitting and remember on the banjo bolt there are two small copper washers you don't want to lose.
Install the lower fitting first and be cafeful not to crossthread it.

The engine is more than likely a 4A-FE or 4A-GE.

Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford F-250
Fuel Filter Change
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filter Mount Replacement Chevrolet