SHAKES AT SPEED?

2002 Toyota Corolla

wackyf2j

September, 3, 2010 AT 10:00 PM

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2002 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

So I am no mechanic by any means, but also not to shabby at cars but I have an issue. My wifes corolla begins to shake rather vigorously once she gets over 60 mph when she is applying the gas. The more gas you give, the more it shakes. We have had tires rotated and balanced, alignment done, and I just got done putting new passenger side and front motor mounts in. It still shakes. Please Help?
p.S. I have noticed that it seems to be burning oil all of a sudden, not sure if related or just happened for another reason.

mhpautos

September, 4, 2010 AT 3:31 AM

Hi there,

Thank you for the donation,

Where do you feel the vibration? In the body, steering? Or both.

wackyf2j

September, 4, 2010 AT 10:36 AM

I kind of feel like it feels like it is generated from the front passenger side, although hard to tell as it is a pretty noticeable shake. She is on the road right now for a trip and tells me her cd player is skipping cause of the shakes she gets from driving 70-80 mph. I mean you can definitely feel the steering wheel shake, but not sure if that is just cause everything else is. Just replaced front passenger side motor mount, and front middle mount, they looked pretty worn. She says it feels like it is shaking even worse now.

mhpautos

September, 5, 2010 AT 3:07 AM

Hi there,

Body vibration is normally only generated in the rear wheels, so first I would be inspecting rear tyres, rims, bearings, struts and suspension mounts, start here.

texasb22

October, 13, 2010 AT 5:14 PM

I had the same problem and what I found my problem to be wa sthe struts. Fixed them and everything seem fine after that

Engine Mount Replacement Chevrolet Cavalier
Engine Torque Mount Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Oil Change & Filter Chevrolet Equinox
Starter Replacement