1999 Toyota Corolla Headlight/Brakes

MATTSPENCE
  • 1999 TOYOTA COROLLA
I have several problems with my vehicle right now. It is my primary vehicle for work as I drive so much, and the biggest problem I am having right now is the brakes recently had a wheel cylinder go out which I replaced and put new shoes on the back. Upon doing so the fluid stopped leaking, but the pedal is still spongy and does not stop the way it did before the problem, and was wondering what this may be. Also I need to know how to change the headlight on the car as my driver side light is out (not the high beam just the regular dim light) and I do not know how to change it and was trying to change it myself. Thanks for the help guys great site.
Tuesday, October 28th, 2008 AT 12:40 PM

MERLIN2021
The brakes first, you should replace BOTH wheel cylinders at the same time, then set the adjustment, then bleed the brakes, Pull up on the parking brake lever, if the pedal hieght comes up, the rear brakes are out of adjustment. As for the headlamp, it is usually held on by a lock ring, turn the ring counter clockwise, pull the ring back, remove the bulb.
Tuesday, October 28th, 2008 AT 3:38 PM