HEADLIGHT WON'T TURN ON

1998 Toyota Corolla

sonqn

December, 20, 2007 AT 10:37 PM

1998 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 97000 miles

Running headlights turn on during day instead of night. Manual headlight switch will turn on but turn of after running. Fuses fine.

mhpautos

December, 21, 2007 AT 4:45 AM

Hi there,

Could you please rephrase you question, as it is a bit confusing as to what your problem is.

sonqn

December, 21, 2007 AT 10:53 AM

Hi,
I checked the relays under the hoods ( 2 of them ) and they were good.
When I flick the hi beam I can only see the light in the dash board.
I tried to work on the relay under the dash board but could not be able to do it since I did not have the wiring diagram.
Could someone send me the wiring diagram?
Is there any way I can bypass/diable the DRL so the regular headlight will work?
Thanks a lot.
Son

mhpautos

December, 21, 2007 AT 4:15 PM

Hi there,

OK, now I know what to think about. Locate the relay and check for 12V constant power, You should feel it click when you turn on lights. Will headlight High beam " flash pass" when you pull back on the stalk? If nothing I feel it will be a relay or power to relay causing problems. As for a wiring diagram, I am having problems accessing our data base at present, but I will pass on this request to another moderator who will look it up and post something for you.

December, 22, 2007 AT 3:32 AM

This can be the two affecting your problem. Inspect and test the head light relay located at engine room junction block and the DRL Daytime Running Lights relay behind the dash above the glove box. See below

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_drl_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_exterior_lights_circuit_1.jpg

Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon
Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX
Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Headlight Lens/Housing Replacement Mini