1994 Toyota Corolla wheel lock up after replaced Master cyl

JSAN
  • 1994 TOYOTA COROLLA
Dear Carpros,
Recently the brake pedal began travelling excessively before braking the car. It appeared that only the left front brake was engaging but not the right. I had the master cylinder replaced which remedied the brake travel but now the right front brake is the problem. The right wheel gets hotter than the left and after 20min of driving any hard stop will result in a right front wheel lock up(a hard stop from 25mph). I had the car rechecked by the same mechanic who said everything was fine. What could be the problem?

After the MC was changed I could drive the car the right front lock up began. I brought the car back. Both calipers and flex hoses were replaced because the problem was a presumed to be a stuck caliper. After changing the calipers and hoses, I drove the car 20miles when both front brakes overheated and siezed. The same mechanic said a pressure release on the master cylinder was not set appropriately after the caliper change and remedied the problem. He said the rotors and shoes were fine and only changed the setting mentioned. I drove the car for 20 miles again and no seizing ocurred but the original right front brake problem persisted. (After the brakes warm up, the right gets hotter and will lock up on hard stops)
Thanks again
Wednesday, April 9th, 2008 AT 8:08 AM

KEN
Please replace both brake flex hoses. Please let me know
Wednesday, April 9th, 2008 AT 10:07 AM
JSAN
Thanks again
Wednesday, April 9th, 2008 AT 2:27 PM
KEN
The master cylinder is not releasing completely leaving the pressure on the brake system, remove the master cylinder and readjust the control rod that pushes the rear of the cylinder, (make the rod shorter). This will allow the brake system pressure to release. Please let me know
Thursday, April 10th, 2008 AT 11:19 AM