2000 TOYOTA CELICA CLUTCH TRANSMISSION AND FULE INJECTION

• bdhoch01
  • 2000 Toyota Celica

2000 Toyota Celica 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 160000 miles

I have 2000 celica gts. Just had a new clutch installed and within 24 hours of getting the car back I noticed oil spots on the drive way. We didnt do n e work on the transmission, just the clutch. We determined the oil to be gear oil leaking from the transmission. Just wondering if the oil leak could be related to the recent work. The car is in good condition and leaked nothing at no speed before the new clutch was put in. The axle seals appear to be fine and after cleaning and running the car the gear oil seams to be leaking from the were the transmission and motor mount up. What could possible be leaking from this area. Thanks

Sunday, August 9th, 2009 AT 7:40 PM

• mhpautos

Hi there,

When doing the clutch on this car the drive shafts are removed and transmission oil is lost, this may be split oil still dripping, but I would get it inspected asap as if a drive shaft seal is leaking this will need to be looked at ASAP, as for the injectors, if you have injection pulse, I would first go for an on car fuel system clean, this will tell you if the injectors are sound as it will pick up leaking injectors, start here.

Sunday, August 9th, 2009 AT 9:03 PM
  • mhpautos

Hi there,

Thank you for the feed back,

If the oil is heavy and black it will be engine oil and it will be from the rear main oil seal, if lighter it will be from the front transmission oil seal, now both are not disturbed when the transmission is removed, so try and identify what type of oil it is first and report back,

Mark

Wednesday, August 12th, 2009 AT 7:40 PM