FUEL FLOW ISSUE

1983 Toyota Celica

tralston1232

April, 7, 2007 AT 1:05 PM

I have a 1983 Celica GT 22RE manual that is having fuel flow problems. When the problem occurred the car was running fine, in a heavy rain, then started balking and quit, and then wouldn't restart. After a delay of a day, it would start on the cold start injector for a second, then quit.

The fuel pump works when I short the fuel pump service test connector. I'm getting fuel pressure within spec from the fuel line.

Local mechanic ran a hour worth of diagnostics and said it was either the distributor or the fuel shutoff. I can't find any evidence of a fuel shutoff solenoid or similar valve. I've replaced the distributor with a working distributor. Still no gas getting to the injectors.

Any thoughts or help greatly appreciated.

April, 7, 2007 AT 5:16 PM

If the computer don't see a signal the Ne and G it will not energize the injectors. Also better check the EFI resistor it has to go thru there to power the injectors then the computer grounds it to complete the circuit.

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test