FRONT WINDSHIELD FOR LE 4 DOORS

Toyota Camry

mar1

November, 12, 2007 AT 11:03 PM

I am new at this and would appreciate any assistance.

Recently, I had this company replace my windshield. Now I am haviing the following problems. Is their something I can do, someone that I can call, or complain to in order to get this situation resolve?
1-I hear alot of air coming in like if I had my window partically open. The mechanic reused the old moldings (silver) ones and said that I would have to purchase new ones and replaced them. That is where the noise is coming from.
2- Sometimes, I hear like if the glass is loose (its hard to discribe this noise) - how can I pin point - the mechanic cannot hear it.
3-Someone mentioned that my windshield had a wrap on the top corner of the glass - how can I check or where can I take it to have it check - because now the mechanic said that their is nothing wrong and he will not replace it.

mhpautos

November, 14, 2007 AT 5:46 AM

Hi there,

Best way to pinpoint wind noise is to get a roll of good quality wide duct tape and cover a section of the screen moulding say about 2foot at a time, go for a drive and note any change in noise, remove tape and re seal next section, with a little over lap for good measure, this will help you isolate the noisy section, then get the mechanic to drive it with the tape on and off so that he/she can hear it. Give it a try it has worked for me.

Windshield Wiper Replacement
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Volkswagen
Wiper Blade Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Hummer H2
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Acura TL
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Ford F-250