ENGINE OIL LIGHT IS ON HOW IT RELATES TO CATALYTIC CONVERTER

• npuvvadi
  • Toyota Camry

Hi,
Recently I bought a 96 toyota camry from private party and car has 101k miles on it. Within 2 days of car purchase I found engine check light is on and mechanic told problem with catalytic converter. In the next 2 days engine oil light is on though all the oils full and no oil leaks.

After the diagnostics they found oil pressure causing the engine oil light on and he told this may be because of back pressure from bad catalytic converter.

Within a week of purchase before changing the title even I found all these repairs. Could some one suggest me what will be the problem and how to approach.

Tuesday, April 10th, 2007 AT 5:59 PM

• rasmataz

For the oil light-if it has the oil auto feed system remove the engine oil 15 amp fuse wait 10sec's or more.-Now check the oil lite while its running.

Lubrication and Exhaust system is entirely two different things. Oil finding its way to the exhaust means the combustion chamber is leaking that's the only way to get there and ruin the Cat. Creating backpressure.

Tuesday, April 10th, 2007 AT 6:17 PM