ENGINE OIL OVERFILL. MY DIES AFTER RUNNING FOR FEW SECONDS?

1987 Toyota Camry

sunsaro67

July, 1, 2013 AT 6:26 AM

Camry 1987 3S-FE engine 220k Auto 2lt. EFI system. I overfilled with engine oil and the car smoked a lot. I drained the excess oil but now the engine stalls after running for few seconds. What could be wrong?

Two sensors are inside distributor.I couldn't see the O2 sensor and the PCV in this model.

The oil level before draining the excess oil was about 30mm above the upper level. On inspection I found no oil leak inside the distributor. Also I found the path in the throttle body where the hose coming from rocker cover is connected is blocked. Can this be the reason?

I also suspect the throttle position sensor and another sensor which I don't know the name, because the oil that splashed through the hose connecting the rocker cover and the throttle body could have done some damage.

I haven't inspected the condition of the TB yet. A sticker says the TB has been changed at 100k. All four spark plugs are firing and I could notice the fuel is under the right pressure.

hmac300

July, 1, 2013 AT 7:07 AM

You may have a coincidental problem here yousaid fuel pressure is under a light pressure, it shold be 33-38psi with engine idling. If fuel injection. You can jump the connector to get pressure as well by the pic.

hmac300

July, 1, 2013 AT 10:54 AM

Check your dist cap for cracks and timing, check your injector time relay and your fusible links. Also check your efi and engine relays, they may be screwed up I really can't think of anything else.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn LS1
Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe 2015
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mini Cooper
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes Benz
Engine Oil Change and Filter Scion xD
Oil Change and Filter Replacement - Ford F150