CAR TURNS OFF AFTER ACCELERATING

Toyota Camry

kimobi

May, 25, 2007 AT 4:02 PM

Hi im pretty new to this forum but I found no other way of fixing my problem. I own a 1995 toyota camry 2.2 liter and ive it had for at least two years. Recently my car stopped working. Everytime I would turn it on and put in drive and accelarated it would turn off. So I kept trying until it finally turned off and never turned on again. Unfortunately im a student in college so I need my only car to get back and from school. So I panicked and put it into a shady mechanic shop. They had it for over a month now and cant find whats wrong with it. What I did notice was that the car kept burning out the EFI fuse everytime. I put in new fuses and was able to keep the car on but it didnt move and then later the EFI fuse burnt out again. I would like to know if anyone else has had the same problem and what could be causing the car to react that way.

May, 25, 2007 AT 5:27 PM

Have your heated oxygen sensor check a good place to start. EFI fuse blowing can be a nightmare to deal with, you need a competent electrician to find this problem. The EFI circuit is the main path through the engine control sensors.

Have the R/W wire going to the PCM for short to ground check.