DOES INCREASE IN HORSE POWER DECREASE GAS

2008 Toyota Camry

dane

December, 2, 2008 AT 7:28 PM

2008 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 5000 miles

i have this 2008 camry and I am thinking of adding bolt on performance parts to increase it's horse power. Most porbably I will be changing the filter to a cold air intake and change the whole exhaust starting from the header to the muffler. My question is having the increase hp after the modifications will the gas mileage be lower or will it be more efficient? Saying that the parts are the same in weight as the stock ones.

Zackman

December, 2, 2008 AT 11:34 PM

With everything else stay the same (you will drive the same way you are driving now), you may see an increase in gas mileage (a little). But speaking based on experience, you won't see any increase because back in your head you know that you have more power now, you tend to grow a lead right foot, and stomp of the throttle more frequently.

One thing that I would caution you though, by adding performance parts, it may void your warranty. So, check with your friendly local Toyota dealership before you install performance enhancer that is not easily removed (eg: catback exhaust, or even cold air intake), should you need to send the vehicle back to the dealership for service.

Air Intake Boot Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Air Filter Replacement Subaru Legacy
Air Filter Replacement