CHANGING TRANMISSION FLUID AND SPARK PLUG

2004 Toyota Camry

j0nathanbu1

August, 18, 2008 AT 10:38 PM

2004 Toyota Camry 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 73,000 miles

Hi, I have a toyota camry 2004 v6 3.0L, how do I change the transmission fluid on my car as well as spark plugs. I can get to the three spark plugs in front of the engine but am unable to reach the other three on the other side of the engine. As for the transmission fluid is there a certain way i'm suppose to flush the transmission fluid and add new transmission fluid?

mhpautos

August, 19, 2008 AT 1:46 AM

Hi there,

To change the transmission oil, remove the pan and drain the oil, clean all the muck in the pan and replace the filter, top up the transmission and check with the car running in park, re check when hot and check for any leaks. To access the rear spark plugs the tip inlet manifold will have to be removed, this will be a job for your mechanic if you feel it beyond your comfort zone.

j0nathanbu1

August, 19, 2008 AT 2:08 AM

Thanks, can you send me instruction on how to remove the inlet manifold for my car. Please email me at jonathan5071@sbcglobal. Net

Thanks again.

mhpautos

August, 19, 2008 AT 2:13 AM

Hi there,

I will send what I can, I wont have any pics but I should be able to give you a good run down, its not that hard, just watch what your doing and make a few notes as you remove items, I will respond soon, as I am in Australia and I will be back on line in a few hrs, at a different computer with a better data base access.

j0nathanbu1

August, 21, 2008 AT 8:53 PM

Ok thank you

Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500