2001 Toyota Camry Power Mirror Replacement

FERDBULL
  • 2001 TOYOTA CAMRY
Replace driver side power mirror, but the mirror has a 3-prong connector black/white/red, there are no prongs coming up from the door, just three cut wires yellow/blue/gray (the gray is a double wire). Can I cut the connector off the mirror side and splice the wires together? If so, how do I match up the wire colors. Thank you, Jim
Thursday, April 29th, 2010 AT 1:52 PM

BLUELIGHTNIN6
Yellow, blue and gray? Those colors are not correct for your vehicle's power mirror. Has the mirror wiring been tampered with before? I am assuming it has since the wiring does not have its connector on it still. You should have a brown/white, brown/yellow and a light green/red wire.

Just to make sure I have correct information, What trim is this 2001 Camry? Solara, XLE, LE etc? Also do the mirrors have defoggers built in?
-1
Friday, April 30th, 2010 AT 12:26 AM
KODU
I have a 1999 camry 4cyl 116000 miles. My wife broke the passenger side mirror when she tried to get the car into the garrage.I bought a replacement mirror which has a three pronged connector with black/white/red colors. But in the vehicle there was no connector just a cut wire with yellow/blue/gray.I looked around for a connector in shops like autozone, o'Reilly etc.I even asked the dealer and he doesn't have.I think only option is to cut the connector in the replacement mirror and connect thru some sort of butt connector.

But I am not sure which color should be connected to which.

What I found in the replacement mirror wires is, they painted a streak of another color in the wires. On white wire there is a blue streak. On the red wire there is gray streak. My thinking is if you connect white, black, red to blue, yellow, gray it should work. But I am not sure.
+1
Friday, April 30th, 2010 AT 10:47 AM
BLUELIGHTNIN6
Yellow, blue and gray wiring is not associated with your vehicle's power mirror circuit. are you certain you are looking at the correct wiring? the wiring diagram for your power mirror circuit is below, the wires you need are brown/white, brown/yellow and light green/red..

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_Noname_2082.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_Noname2_673.jpg

+6
Friday, April 30th, 2010 AT 1:45 PM
KODU
I tried connecting white, black, red to blue, yellow, gray. Problem is when I press up and down the mirror moves left and right and when I press left and right the mirror moves up and down. I don't know what is wrong.
-1
Sunday, May 2nd, 2010 AT 7:30 PM
BILLYBROWN89
Hi Have same problem when I replace new power mirror Camry 2001, Toyota made two model one American and another Japan, make sure you order right one because they have difference connector, I got American build mirror connector have wire Red, Black and White. Japan build mirror connector wire Yellow, Blue and White. I connect Red and Yellow, Black and White, White and Blue, They working good. If you not sure do like this:
American build (1)Black, (2)White, (3) Red.
Connect: (1)-Yellow, (2)-White, (3)-Blue, Turn on switch and Check.
(1)-Yellow, (3)-White, (2)-Blue, "same"
(2)-Yellow, (1)-White, (3)-Blue, "same"
(2)-Yellow, (3)-White, (1)-Blue, "same"
(3)-Yellow, (2)-White, (1)-Blue "same"
(3)-Yellow, (1)-White, (2)-Blue, "same" This is working good to me.
+3
Tuesday, December 27th, 2016 AT 1:12 PM
KEN
Nice Input BILLYBROWN89!
Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 5:50 PM
MISHA_TOMUSHEV
  • 1999 TOYOTA CAMRY
I have bought AE replacement Kool Vue mirror for this car. Unfortunately, I have started replacing the broken mirror after spending money to paint the replacement. Only then I've realized, that wiring is different:
5 prong mail connector on the original and 3 pin female on the replacement.
I wonder if it is still possible to keep the replacement by properly wiring it.
Are there electrical diagram for both mirror types that would help?
Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 5:50 PM (Merged)
You have to know what wires on your new mirror do what. See pic
KODU
  • 1999 TOYOTA CAMRY
1999 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 117000 miles

Hi,
I have a 1999 camry 4cyl 116000 miles. My wife broke the passenger side
mirror when she tried to get the car into the garrage.I bought a replacement mirror which has a three pronged connector with black/white/red colors. But in the vehicle there was no connector just a cut wire with yellow/blue/gray.I looked around for a connector in shops like autozone, o'Reilly etc.I even asked the dealer and he doesn't have.I think only option is to cut the connector in the replacement mirror and connect thru some sort of butt connector.

What I found in the replacement mirror wires is, they painted a streak of another color in the wires. On white wire there is a blue streak. On the red wire there is gray streak. My thinking is if you connect white, black, red to blue, yellow, gray.

MHPAUTOS
Hi there,
There will be a plug on the old mirror loom, you may have to remove the door trim to access it.

JCCCLPAL
  • 2007 TOYOTA CAMRY
2007 Toyota Camry 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 25000 miles

How do I replace the driver's side mirror assembly (no heat). There is no body damage and the electric conection is fine.
BLUELIGHTNIN6
Are you just replacing the mirror glass or the entire mirror assembly?
PAULSLAG
  • 2001 TOYOTA CAMRY
2001 Toyota Camry

Where can I obtain a backing plate with glass mirror? My 2001 Toyota Camry: passenger side (non-heated) glass mirror popped out (unknown cause) & lost. Do not need a complete side mirror unit - just the glass.
BMRFIXIT
It is a lot cheaper and easier to buy it compete
then to find just a mirror with it back

its a $ 50 item or less new
BLCOMBS
  • 2000 TOYOTA CAMRY
Other Category problem
2000 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 90000 miles

I need to replace the side view mirrors on my 2000 Camry. They are electric, non-heated. The car was manufactured in Japan. I need instructions on how to replace the mirrors. Thanks.
Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 5:51 PM (Merged)
LEGITIMATE007
Inside your door behind the side mirror is a piece of black plastic (triangle shaped) pull that off and there will be 3 screws to take out, and the mirror is off. Unplug the wire connector and toss that aside. Clean off the old gasket or foam weather stripping.

Put new one on and pay attention to the foam weatherstripping and were to stick it so that it all matches.

Then plug the connector in, and reassemble everything.
(connector for heated only)
BITTMARK
  • 1996 TOYOTA CAMRY
1996 Toyota Camry 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 86071 miles

Driver side mirror

I am replacing the driver side mirror on my 1996 Camry. When I removed the old one I was unable to find the power plug inside the door. I assume that it dropped down inside the door but I can't find it. I'm 85 years old, but my eyes are OK. I've loosened the inside door panel, but I still can't find the wires and plug. Ant help will be appreciated.
JNOVACK
It should be near the front of door

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/52960_0900c152801cd115_1.jpg