1999 Toyota Camry ALARM SYSTEM

DNSPARKS
  • 1999 TOYOTA CAMRY

1999 Toyota Camry

IS THERE ANY WAY TO DISCONNECT THE ALARM SYSTEM! IT GOES OFF ALL BY ITSELF DAY OR NIGHT!

Tuesday, February 3rd, 2009 AT 12:25 PM

ZACKMAN

Is it factory or aftermarket alarm? If factory, I may be able to check the manual. For the mean time, use the switch on the door to lock the vehicle, not the remote until we can figure something.

What model Camry you have, LE, XLE, SE, etc. And what motor, 4 cylinder or V6.

Tuesday, February 3rd, 2009 AT 3:34 PM
DNSPARKS

IT IS FACTORY INSTALLED, MODEL IS ( LE ) AND IT IS A 4 CYL. CAN THE ALARM SYSTEM BE PERMENTALY UNINSTALLED?
DENISE

+2
Wednesday, February 4th, 2009 AT 8:09 AM
ZACKMAN

After reading the wiring diagrams for the anti-theft, power door lock, power windows, and keyless entry system, it is inadvisable that you unplug the anti-theft ECU. I believe all operations I have mentioned go through the ECU to work.

The diagnostic in the TSB suggests that you check the anti-theft horn (#4l) and its fuse (#1) in the picture. Here is the caveat. You may either pull the fuse or unplug the horn wiring harness. That will be safer than unplugging the ECU.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/55316_99camryalarm1_1.jpg

The alarm ECU and its wiring harnesses.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/55316_99camryalarm_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/55316_99camryalarm_2.jpg

Wednesday, February 4th, 2009 AT 11:24 AM
2CARPROS KEN

Hey DNSPARKS,

It is usually an aftermarket alarm that go off on there own, does it have a security light that flashes in the instrument cluster?

Best, Ken

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Friday, January 27th, 2017 AT 1:51 AM
BENJAMIN.ALLEN
  • 1999 TOYOTA CAMRY
  • MERGED

1999 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

My camry came with an alarm that if it goes off then it emobilizes the engine and you have to stick the key in and hit the little res relay swich on the left side of the dash. This time the alrm went off and I stuck the key in and hit the relay switch and everything died no power to anything. The car sat for a while and then I went to try it again I charged the battery hooked it back up the alarm went off I stuck the key in and hit the relay switch and the same thing happened how do I find out what the problem is when this happens I'm not able to get any power to the car for a while I have to take the battery off for a while then hook it up to get power, but the when I stick the key in and hit the relay it starts all over again

Friday, January 27th, 2017 AT 1:52 AM
  • MERGED

It sounds llike you might just have a weak or dead battery. Are the headlights bright before you try to start the engine? I assume this is an aftermarket alarm system since factory systems don't use reset switches.

The battery cables could also be loose or dirty. If jump-starting doesn't help, grab a cheap digital voltmeter and measure battery voltage. I can walk you through that if you need help.

Friday, January 27th, 2017 AT 1:52 AM
BENJAMIN.ALLEN
  • MERGED

I have checked the battery already the battery is fine.

Friday, January 27th, 2017 AT 1:52 AM
  • MERGED

Dandy.

When you said, "I'm not able to get any power to the car for a while I have to take the battery off for a while then hook it up to get power", do you mean no power to the starter, or does that include headlights, dome lights, and stuff like that?

Friday, January 27th, 2017 AT 1:52 AM
BENJAMIN.ALLEN
  • MERGED

Eveything looses power

Friday, January 27th, 2017 AT 1:52 AM
NEESIE
  • 1999 TOYOTA CAMRY
  • MERGED

One of my remotes to open my car and turn off the alarm broke. The other one had problems in the past. Now my alarm goes off any time I get near my Camry or jiggle the remote. Sometimes just lightly tapping the bottom of the remote will stop the alarm. The car will start locking and unlocking by itself over and over, which will set the alarm off. I don't have hundreds of dollars to fix this. Could I just need a new remote or is it the computer? The dealer charges 3 times as much as anyone else to fix anything. Help.

Friday, January 27th, 2017 AT 1:52 AM