TICKING ENGINE

1998 Toyota Camry

demonicLlama

February, 14, 2009 AT 9:19 PM

Noises problem
1998 Toyota Camry Front Wheel Drive Automatic 200, 00 miles

My car is a 1998 Toyota Camry with 200,000 miles on it. Had been sitting in a relatives garage for a number of years before it was given to me. Was inspected and given a checkup, everything was good. A few months after getting the car I got into a minor fender bended with another vehicle, enough to break the plastic over the right blinker and make the right front fender hang off a bit. Everything else seemed to be fine so I didn't really worry. Then a week later I started noticing this grinding noise (kind of like metal against metal) when I turned the car to the left. It doesn't do it often, just every once in a while right after I've started it up and started driving. Then during a snowstorm I slid on an icy road and ended up bumping into a sign and going up on a curb. The tire looks like it is a little off, kind of like it needs air but something is wrong with the actual wheel I think. And then one day as I was accelerating up a hill the engine took a couple more seconds than usual to shift gears and started making a loud rumbling noise so I pulled over and checked the engine, and not being a car person I didn't see anything wrong. I checked the oil and saw that it was very low so I put about 3 quarts in. It ran fine for a day after that but now has started making a ticking sound. I talked to a car friend of mine and he said it could be because I need more oil or something might be wrong with the transmission. I just want my car back in the shape it was when I got it! What do I do about the ticking noise and the grinding noise?

February, 14, 2009 AT 10:09 PM

The grinding noise could be the CV joints and the ticking could be the lifters or low oil pressure

Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chrysler PT
Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Engine Oil Change and Filter Acura TSX