1. Disconnect the negative battery cable. On vehicles equipped with an air bag, wait at least 90 seconds before proceeding.
2. Drain the engine coolant into a suitable container.
3. Disconnect the accelerator cable from the throttle body. If equipped with automatic transmission, disconnect the throttle cable from the throttle body.
4. Disconnect the intake air temperature sensor connector
5. On California models, disconnect the air cleaner hose.
6. Loosen the air cleaner hose clamp bolt, disconnect the 4 air cleaner cap clips, disconnect the air hose from the throttle body, and remove the air cleaner cap together with the resonator and the air cleaner hose.
7. Tag and remove the electrical connections and hoses from the throttle body.
8. Remove the throttle body. Type A throttle bodies are secured with 4 bolts and Type B throttle bodies are secured with 2 bolts and 2 nuts.
9. Remove the vacuum hose bracket and the engine wiring harness from the intake manifold.
10. Remove the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve.
11. Remove the 4 bolts, the wire bracket, the No. 1 air intake chamber, and the manifold stays. Remove the 6 bolts, 2 nuts, the intake manifold, and the gasket.
12. Install the intake manifold to the cylinder head with a new gasket. Tighten the 6 bolts and the 2 nuts in several passes to 14 ft. Lbs. (19 Nm). Install the 2 wire clamps to the wire brackets on the intake manifold.
13. Install the vacuum hose bracket and the engine wiring harness.
14. Install the No. 1 air intake chamber and manifold stays with the 4 bolts. Tighten the 14mm bolts to 31 ft. Lbs. (42 Nm) and tighten the 12mm bolts to 16 ft. Lbs. (22 Nm).
15. Install the EGR valve.
16. Install the throttle body with a new gasket on the intake chamber. Connect the hoses and electrical connections to the throttle body.
The protrusion on the gasket should be facing down and the water hose connections on the throttle body should also face down.
17. On type A throttle body, tighten the 4 bolts to 14 ft. Lbs. (19 Nm). Bolt A is 45mm in length and bolt B is 55mm
Sunday, December 20th, 2009 AT 12:33 AM