1995 TOYOTA CAMRY ROD BEARING PROBLEM

• Gullo1
  • 1995 TOYOTA CAMRY

Engine problem
1995 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 154000 miles

Rod Bearing dumping noise:Burnt mark on #1 and # 4 crank rod bearing. Crankshaft had no scraches or gougemarks.

I replaced the same bearing# STAMPED ON THE old bearing with new ones made by Toyota.

Problem: After installing the rod bearings I tried to manually rotate the crankshaft full revolution, it gets stuck at the top dead center of both pistons. IF I USE MORE FORCE IT DOES ROTATE FULL REVOLUTION.

WHAT I AM DOING WRONG
YOUR HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Tariq

Tuesday, January 1st, 2008 AT 9:25 AM

• Mhpautos

Hi there,

Leave bearing caps loose, and try to rotate engine by hand, If it will you know the problem is in the rods you are concerned with, check oil clearance with plasti gauge, if clearance is ok, torque and check rotation, if no rotation check cap is installed correct way around and on correct rod, this will make a big difference, do this with both caps and report your findings if you still have problems. Is the head and cam belt still fitted?

Wednesday, January 2nd, 2008 AT 3:19 AM