, 105,345 MILES, 2.2 ENGINE, TIMING BELT

1994 Toyota Camry

espinothorn

May, 1, 2007 AT 4:19 PM

I removed timing belt to replace water pump and do not know where to lign up timing marks for both the crank shaft and camshaft, can someone please provide me with this information, thank you.

backyardmechanic

May, 1, 2007 AT 5:24 PM

You would of made things alot easier if you had lined up the marks prior to removing the timing belt. There are two marks, one on the camshaft gear and one on the crankshaft. These two marks line up with marks that are on the block and cylinder head. A repair manual can be helpful with this as it has instructions and photos to explain it. Since you removed the belt before lining up the marks it is important that you did not move the cam or crank seperately from each other as this could cause the valve timing to be thrown off. This could cause the pistons to strike the valves and damaging them. If you need to move the cam and crankshaft to line up the marks make sure you move them together.

Step by Step Timing Belt Replacement Guide
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement