FUEL INJECTORS

1992 Toyota Camry

Ken Brown

April, 29, 2008 AT 8:32 PM

1992 Toyota Camry 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 109000 miles

My '92 V-6 Camry has a fuel flooding problem. I have isolated it to the the number four fuel injector. I have checked with a noid light and a volt meter. After about 90 seconds it had full battery voltage on the circuit keeping the injector " on" all the time. Do you have any suggestions besides replacing the ECM?

blackop555

April, 29, 2008 AT 9:49 PM

With all the other injectors unplugged does it act normal or still stays on all the time

Ken Brown

April, 29, 2008 AT 10:56 PM

The other injectors (the ones I can get to) are operating normally. Everything I do gets back to the
always " on" operation of the #4 circuit. It occurs within a few seconds of a cold start. So much gas is pushed thru that I noticed gas seeping from the exhaust sysyem (not a good thing). The check engine light does not come on.

blackop555

April, 30, 2008 AT 2:38 PM

I would check the wiring harness, it could be grounding out on something or the injector could be bad and grounding out internally.

JohnInVa

April, 28, 2012 AT 3:30 AM

Help please, same problem, How did you solve it?

Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right