1991 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 185000 miles
I would appreciate it if you can answer my questions.
1) If the battery is not properly in place and move, will this cause alternator or battery failure? Will this cause inconsistent voltage or current? Battery is now properly secure and no longer an issue.
2) Will battery jump start hurt my alternator or my battery?
3) Will battery spark hurt my alternator or my battery?
I know now to connect negative last.
4) What are the possible causes of alternator or battery failure?
I just want to ask you this question because I am interested to know.
1. If battery is not properly secured, it might touch the bonnet or body parts if it shifts or jumps when going over bumps. The damages are varied depending on the situation. It will cause inconsistency in voltages and charging if the terminals are not secured or it is shorting to ground.
2. Jump starting too often definitely is not good for the battery but should not be any thing to worry if it is only occasional.
3. Battery sparks if the cables are connected wrongly can cause a lot of damages to electricals.
4. Battery and alternator failures are mainly due to old age or wear and tear.