Proper tune up
1. New spark plugs ( single tip - gap to .044")
2. Spark plug wires (not necessary but if you have not changed it yet since you bought the car, maybe it is time to change it)
3. New air cleaner (every 15,000 miles)
4. Change oil every 3000 miles ( May I suggest 10 W40 weight oil since you have over 100,000 miles on it, but it is up to you)
5. Clean/replace pcv valve ($10)
6. Add fuel injector cleaner additive to gas when you fill it up. Once, Every 5000 miles.
Regarding the spark plugs, choose the single tip Irridium or platinum spark plug. (NGK my preferred brand, NOT Bosch). I have tried the 2 tips and 4 tips, they run a little better but consumes more gas per mileage based from my own car's experience.
Single tip is the top spark plug in the picture
This is the only things I know but other mechanics might help you further
Wednesday, September 15th, 2010 AT 12:26 PM