SEAL LEAK AND SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT

1998 Toyota Avalon

Lawrenzwilson

February, 11, 2009 AT 10:10 AM

1998 Toyota Avalon 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 183000 miles

How much will a full tune up cost? How often will I need a tune up if needed at all? Why does my engine light come on frequently once it has been turned off by my mechanic? How much will it cost to repair the engine seal if it's leaking and how bad is that for your car?

Thank You!

Zackman

February, 24, 2009 AT 4:53 AM

How much will a full tune up cost?
***Parts and labor, somewhere in the neighborhood of 350 - 400, depending on where you live. Will include, but not limited to, spark plugs and wires, all filters - air, fuel, cabin (if applicable), PCV valve, top off all fluids, and ECM reset.***

How often will I need a tune up if needed at all?
***Plugs every 60K miles. The rest at least once a year.***

Why does my engine light come on frequently once it has been turned off by my mechanic?
***Check engine light means something is not working properly based on the ECM programming. Resetting the light is not the same as actually " repairing" the problem. Give us the code numbers, we'll help diagnose.***

How much will it cost to repair the engine seal if it's leaking and how bad is that for your car?
***It really depends on which seal we are talking about. Without seeing it, it hard to ascertain the trouble/damage it may pose.***