AIR CONDITIONER

Toyota 4Runner

rickyparks

June, 27, 2007 AT 12:57 PM

1986 4Runner. 265,000. This problem has been unsolved for over a year. I have very high low side pressure after only about 6oz. It gets up to about 60-70psi and wont let any more R134 inside. Can stops getting cold and nothing else flows out. I’ ve replaced the compressor and clutch, expansion valve, accumulator, condenser, evaporator, and pressure switch. I did an individual flush on everything but the compressor. Then put a vacuum on for and hour and then let it sit for another hour with no leaks.
When I start the truck and start the a/c, the clutch engages and seems to be working fine, but will only accept about half of one can and that’ s all.
So I'm stuck with a completely new a/c system that does not blow any cool air.
I consider myself vehicle savvy with a good deal of a/c knowledge after a year of continuous work, so I don't have any idea what a mechanic even might tell me. Any thought would be great. Thanks

virusout

March, 3, 2008 AT 6:30 PM

DID YOU PUT THE SENSING BULB IN THE RIGHT PLACE, IT SEEMS LIKE THE EXPANSION VALVE STAY CLOSE POSITION.

rickyparks

March, 5, 2008 AT 10:20 AM

Where should the sensing bulb be? I put it back just were it was? I also suspected the valve staying open but couldn't figure why. Thanks

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement