1995 Toyota 4Runner

CLIFFGUY
  • 1995 TOYOTA 4RUNNER
Recently my 4runner overheated. After stopping to allow it to cool I filled it with water and coolant only to discover a considerable amount leaking out the bottom. I can't see exactly where it is leaking from due to the skid plate. It continues to leak and overheat. I fill it with water everyday before heading out and luckily only have to drive a few miles. However it always overheats in just that short time. Also the heat does not work. I also experience an almost stall when the vehicle is cold and I press the gas to take off from a stopped position. As soon as I release the pedal the engine returns to idle speed with no apparent problem. If I allow the idle to get it moving and slowly press the pedal it sputters a bit but doesn't stall. Once It's warmer the problem disappears.
Monday, June 16th, 2008 AT 2:31 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi cliffguy,

If you don't get the leaking solved, if it is not already too late, you will live to regret.

Insufficient coolant can cause a lot of idling problem.
Wednesday, June 18th, 2008 AT 9:25 AM

Related Engine Idle Erratic Content

Sponsored links