Total loss of all electrical while driving

JEFF THOMAS2
  • 1994 GMC SIERRA
I was driving and my truck died. I now have no power to anything, not even the headlights or dome or ignition. I found a ground wire from the cab to the frame broken. I replaced it and checked my fuses in the cab by the drivers leg area. I have power from the battery to the starter. I need help please. Did the ground strap cause another failure somewhere? I see no fuseable links? Auto two wheel drive. Thank you! Jeff
Thursday, October 27th, 2016 AT 8:14 PM

There are fusible links on both sides of block at junction block rear of engine compartment. Also, check breaker see picture.
+1
Friday, October 28th, 2016 AT 7:25 AM
JEFF THOMAS2
Thank you, I will look.
Friday, October 28th, 2016 AT 7:27 AM
JEFF THOMAS2
Where are the breakers located? Please
Friday, October 28th, 2016 AT 9:36 AM
JEFF THOMAS2
There is an auxiliary breaker on the passenger side firewall, could that be it? I have juice from the battery to the starter. I have wrenched for many years so I am not completely illiterate. I do not have power for the headlights when the ignition is off and was wondering if all this has to go through the ignition switch as well? This is a stumper! Lol
Friday, October 28th, 2016 AT 9:40 AM
JEFF THOMAS2
Is the junction box with the fuse-able links on the passenger side firewall? I see the wires go to a bar shaped post there but I do not see the fuse-able links there?
Friday, October 28th, 2016 AT 9:43 AM
The fusible links are wire and when you see the picture I sent it says black going to a red wire you have to use the same gauge for it. Headlights can run through ignition switch but if the link is burnt no power. It states in reply right hand side of truck which is always passenger side.
Friday, October 28th, 2016 AT 12:04 PM
JEFF THOMAS2
Okay. Thanks again. Brother, I will get back to you tomorrow. Have a great day.
Friday, October 28th, 2016 AT 12:23 PM
JEFF THOMAS2
Hey brother. Thank you very much! I found the fuseable link and that was it ! I'm rolling again. JT
Saturday, October 29th, 2016 AT 1:17 PM
KEN
Nice work brother, we are here to help, please use 2CarPros anytime.

Best, Ken
Tuesday, November 1st, 2016 AT 9:52 AM