Interestingly, the manual shows two different designs based on production date. I am going to provide the one for first design of 2007. If you provide the production date, I can confirm.
Here are the directions. The attached pics all correlate with the directions. Note this is the right side (passenger side)
2007 Cadillac CTS V6-3.6L
First Design - 2007
Vehicle Engine, Cooling and Exhaust Engine Service and Repair Overhaul Unit Repair 07 CTS 3.6L Repair Instructions 125. Secondary Camshaft Drive Chain Installation - Right Side First Design - 2007
FIRST DESIGN - 2007
Secondary Camshaft Drive Chain Installation - Right Side
(First Design - 2007)
1. Ensure that the crankshaft is in the stage 2 timing drive assembly position (1).
2. Install the right secondary camshaft drive chain.
3. Place the secondary camshaft drive chain around the right camshaft intermediate drive chain idler outer sprocket, aligning the timing camshaft drive chain link (1) with the alignment access hole (2) made in the right camshaft intermediate drive chain idler inner sprocket.
4. Wrap the secondary camshaft drive chain around both right actuator drive sprockets.
5. Ensure there are 7 links (1) between the timing camshaft drive chain links for the camshaft position actuator sprockets.
6. Align the right exhaust camshaft position actuator sprocket alignment triangle mark (1) with the timing camshaft drive chain link (2).
7. Align the right intake camshaft position actuator sprocket alignment triangle mark (2) with the timing camshaft drive chain link (1).
8. There will be 18 links (1) between the right camshaft intermediate drive chain idler timing camshaft drive chain link and each right camshaft position actuator sprocket timing camshaft drive chain link.
While looking through the manual to find this, I came across something that may put your mind at ease. Read this.
Even when only one sprocket is involved, multiple crankshaft rotations will not produce conditions where correct timing can be confirmed.
As long as you had it right from the start, you should be fine.
Let me know if this helps or if you have other questions.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Wednesday, September 16th, 2020 AT 7:29 PM