Hi and thanks for using 2CarPros. Com.
It is possible that is the problem. However, I would rather see the code they found to make a better determination.
As far as replacing the part, it is not hard. Here are the directions. All attached pictures correlate with these directions.
Throttle Body Assembly Replacement
1. Remove the air cleaner outlet duct.
2. Remove the secondary air injection (AIR) feed tube, if equipped.
3. Disconnect the engine harness electrical connector (1) from the throttle actuator.
4. Loosen the throttle body bolts.
5. Remove the throttle body nuts.
6. Remove the throttle body and seal.
1. Install the throttle body and seal.
2. Apply threadlock GM P/N 12345382 (Canadian P/N 10953489) or equivalent to the nuts.
3. Install the throttle body nuts.
Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice.
4. Tighten the throttle body bolts/nuts.
Tighten the bolts/nuts to 10 N.M (89 lb in).
5. Connect the engine harness electrical connector (1) to the throttle actuator.
6. Install the AIR feed tube, if equipped.
7. Install the air cleaner outlet duct.
Let me know what you find or if you have other questions.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Friday, November 2nd, 2018 AT 7:32 PM