THE FUSE TO THE AC KEEPS BLOWING

• Cgadola
  • 1999 HONDA ACCORD

I don't really have a lot to say in this block, but it says I need to have 200 charactors so i'm trying to make this long. I have to change the fuse to the AC monthly, it keeps blowing. I googled this problem and it said: you need to buy a volts meter and test the voltage to determine where the short is. There are a lot of wires and looking at all of them would take forever. Most of the time it's a loose or cooked wire touching the frame causing it to ground out and DO NOT DO A HIGHER AMP FUSE this could cause a fire or burn into other wires causing more shorts. Thank you for any guidance you can offer

Thursday, August 1st, 2013 AT 5:59 AM

• KHLow2008

If it does not blow immediately, the chances are that it is not due to a direct shorting. A component such ads the blower fan motor could be failing causing the problem. It could also be due to a bare wire that is intermittently shorting.

Thursday, August 1st, 2013 AT 9:02 AM