PURGE SOLENOID VALVE LOCATION

2007 Suzuki XL7

frankieboytwo

September, 9, 2010 AT 6:24 PM

2007 Suzuki XL7 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 82000 miles

Where is the purge solenoid valve located on a 2007 Suzuki XL7?

saturntech9

September, 9, 2010 AT 6:56 PM

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_2007_suzki_canister_purge_solenoid_part2_1.jpg

First of all thank you so much for your donation.If your talking about the canister purge solenoid it's located on the back side of the engine call out number 1 in the diagram i posted.

frankieboytwo

September, 10, 2010 AT 7:46 AM

Thanks for your reply saturntech9. Yes, i'm referring to the canister purge vale. We're talking about the 3.6L in the '07 xl7, right? And by rear of the engine you mean the tranny side? Well, I don't see it where indicated in the diagram. It would have to be under the intake manifold if it's there.

Should it be easily accessible? The diagram actually looks somewhat different than what I see on my vehicle. Is the diagram specific to my vehicle? I understand my vehicle is the same as a chevy equinox if that helps narrow it down any.

Any further help is appreciated.

Thanks.

saturntech9

September, 10, 2010 AT 11:00 AM

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_2007_suzuki_fuel_injector_sight_shield_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_2007_suzuki_canister_purge_diagram_1.jpg

Yes i have the correct information and it goes to your car.Remove the engine cover i posted a diagram for look at the posted diagram you will see your throttle body and a hose by it that hose lead's to your canister purge solenoid as you can see in the diagram.It's on the opposite side of where you fill your oil.

frankieboytwo

September, 10, 2010 AT 11:10 AM

After my first reply, I finally got oriented and found it. Not the setup up or look I expected. I had what I thought was the replacement GM part which looked totally different. Any ideas on a replacement cheaper than the 150 the dealer wants?

saturntech9

September, 10, 2010 AT 11:26 AM

Glad to hear you found it is there a part number on it?If so can you give me that number i'm trying to find you that part.

frankieboytwo

September, 10, 2010 AT 11:45 AM

How about Bosch 12591334.

saturntech9

September, 10, 2010 AT 12:17 PM

I found it on www. Rockauto. Com it's a acdelco one for 21.79 it's listed under vapor canister purge valve it list's your part number as a replacement. Just go there and look up your car and under emission's you will find it click the vapor canister purge valve tab and you can match up your part number with the acdelco one as a replacement. The acdelco part number is 2141685 when you order your part if you type in the how did you hear about us box 39356593242193 you will save another 5 percent off that price the code is good till nov7.I have bought a lot of parts off them so they send me discount code's I thought I would share the saving's with you.

frankieboytwo

September, 10, 2010 AT 12:53 PM

Done. Thanks for the info, Louie. You've been a great help. Hopefully, this will be the right one - no pic so I won't know till I get it, but at least all the numbers match up. Positive feedback and another donation will be forthcoming.

saturntech9

September, 10, 2010 AT 1:47 PM

Glad to hear it rock auto has a 30 day return policy but seeing how they listed your part number I don't see where you could go wrong there. Keep me posted on how it goes.

frankieboytwo

September, 10, 2010 AT 3:07 PM

I will keep you posted.