2000 SUZUKI SWIFT REMOVAL OF HEATER-A/C FAN SPEED CONTROL M

• Sespooche
  • 2000 Suzuki Swift

2000 Suzuki Swift 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive

I asked you this same question a couple of days ago. Perhaps I didn't accurately ask the question, because your answer did not address the actual part, which is located above the radio. My mechanic pointed out the defective item when he re-charged the A/C. It is the speed control {sliding knob} for the heater & A/C fan. It only makes contact on the fastest speed. When it doesn't work, neither does the A/C.

When I ordered the part, I was informed that the defective fan-speed control is part of the larger control module. The part cost $52 from the dealer. I have not received the module, but I easily removed the radio, but am as yet unable to remove the module.

Friday, September 18th, 2009 AT 10:36 PM

• Dave H

BLOWER MOTOR RESISTOR
Blower resistor is mounted in front lower blower motor housing, on right side of instrument panel. Disconnect wiring harness from resistor.
Check for continuity between terminal No. 2 (Pink wire) and terminal No. 4 (Pink/Black wire). Check for continuity between terminal No. 2 (Pink wire) and terminal No. 3 (Pink/Green wire). Check for continuity between terminal No. 2 (Pink wire) and terminal No. 1 (Pink/Blue wire). Continuity should exist in all cases. If continuity is not as specified, replace blower motor resistor.

Sunday, May 30th, 2010 AT 5:58 AM