GRAND VITARA

2000 Suzuki

brikz

May, 31, 2007 AT 5:42 AM

I have a Suzuki Grand Vitara year 2000, mileage is 141,212. It's a v6 engine and the car is running fine and when it goes on a long drive it starts knocking harder, changed the oil and the oil filter and cleaned the oil pump screen and pan but it's still has that knocking problem and the car is smoking alot and then after a minute it's gone and then it starts smelling, burnt oil. What is wrong and how can I fix the problem? Help please.

PMWeather

August, 2, 2007 AT 1:55 AM

I own a 2000 Grand Vitara JLX with a H25 in it to.

First thing you should do is check your Oil, if it smells like burnt oil, see how much it uses. Does your dipstick come out after running? Excessive blowby creates presure in the crankcase. Try doing a Cylinder leakdown test, your results typically should be around 15%, with no more then 10% variation between readings. If so, worn rings, or valve seats. Mine, with 101,250 reads 15, 15, 14, 15, 13, 15. The reason the smoke is gone is the PCV is picking it up from the crankcase and re-circulating it back into the engine, and the worn rings are allowing oil past the piston.

Or, the most likely cause, the knocking is made by a Pre-Ignition. The compression is igniting the Air/Fuel before the spark, check your timing, try a higher octane fuel, or over tensioned Alternator belt, pulling the crankshaft making the noise, its a common problem, there is a TSB about it.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Tundra
Engine Oil Change and Filter
Engine Oil Change and Filter Replacement
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes ML350
 Oil Change & Filter Ford Explorer 2000-2005
Engine Oil Change and Filter BMW X5