1993 Other Suzuki Models idle? / Alarm

KRISPY
  • 1993 SUZUKI
Other Category problem
1993 Other Suzuki Models Engine Size unknown Wheel Drive Type unknown Manual a lot miles

I have a 1993 Suzuki Swift 4 door, I think it's front wheel drive, and I think it's 4 cylinders. I think it's the idle. When my car is running instead of a smooth continuous idle sound it revs. It seems to run really high for a minute then revs high to low a bunch of times then settles to a normal sound, then starts all over again. What might be wrong?
I also have problems with an after market alarm system that goes of randomly for no apparent reason, sometimes even while I'm driving. It seems to happen more often in the rain. Any suggestions?
My father in law seems to think my clutch is high, I think it's been the same for the 7 years I've owned the car. Do Swifts normally have a high clutch, or is that going too?
Wednesday, January 30th, 2008 AT 1:06 PM

DAVE H
Start by checking for vacuum line leaks
Sunday, May 30th, 2010 AT 5:11 AM