FLAT TOWED BEHIND MOTORHOME (4 DOWN

1993 Suzuki

kcrusius

September, 14, 2008 AT 10:58 AM

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
1993 Other Suzuki Models 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual

Not sure if right category (Suzuki Sidekick 4x4)
Had car for 2 years - never missed a beat - (a real joy to own).
Have towed behind my motorhome for about 6 weeks without incident. Unhooked it at every destination and it ran perfectly.
BUT. Yesterday after unhooking. Got in. Tried starting, but wouldn't fire up. Engine turns OK but just won't start. Got me puzzled.
I then remembered that I didn't take the TRANSFER Case shift lever out of neutral and the transmission out of 2nd gear (which is the procedure the manual states for towing with all 4 down), but still wouldn't start. Then, I heard a clicking sound under left side dash when I turned the key to " ON" which I never heard before. ALSO. The shifting in the transmission seems to be less positive (a little on the loose side).
The only thing different from all my other towing episodes (so far) was that I hit a bad patch of road on a short trip (45 mi) to my next destination where the motorhome did a pretty good " BOUNCE" which rocked it from a front to rear motion to where it felt like my front bumper was real close to bottoming out. I can only imagine how high my rear end went up and maybe (?) Bouncing the car up and down, thereby jarring something loose or perhaps binding something up. . ANY GUESSES?

By the way. I would really like to give you a donation, but since I'm trveling and using (unsecured at that) WIFI, I am reluctant to compromise my security giving out Credit Card numbers. Sorry! If you'll provide me with a telephone # I will gladly donate. THANKS

Dave H

April, 25, 2010 AT 3:22 AM

Start by checking the neutral safety switch

Coolant Drain and Refill Scion XD
Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear
Oil Change and Oil Filter Replacement VW
Radiator Coolant Drain and Refill Mini Cooper
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Camaro
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes ML350