STARTING

1999 Suzuki Carry

geckobeach

July, 8, 2010 AT 10:00 PM

1999 Suzuki Carry 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 220000 miles

Hi I've just bought this van 2days ago from a dealer so I know little about it mechanically and my last car was a much older model of the same species.
Question is, it started fine all the way back from car dealers (300k's distance) but then wouldn't start after I left it for half an hour. It then started fine and made it all the way to Byron Bay 'n back no problems. It then started fine and made it all the way to Alstonville no problems. Then wouldn't key start EVER AGAIN.

Battery tested fine, dash lights all come on when I put key in ignition, but nothing AT ALL happens when I turn the key. Dash lights don't go out though and it push starts no problem.

If this is possibly a spark plug issue can u tell me where I might find them as I can't locate them anywhere?

July, 9, 2010 AT 4:16 AM

If it won't crank over at all/nothing when you turn key to starting position-Your probable causes here could be the starter motor, starter relay, clutch switch and ignition switch

Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006