ENGINE COOLING SYSTEM -2003 Suzuki Aerio S
WATER PUMP REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
Disconnect negative cable at battery.
1. Drain coolant and tighten drain plug.
2. Remove condenser cooling fan (if equipped with A/C).
3. Remove radiator outlet hose from thermostat cap (2).
4. Remove heater outlet pipe bolt (1).
5.Remove generator belt. .
6. Remove compressor from its bracket with hoses still attached (if equipped with A/C).
7. Remove water pump assembly (1) by removing its 4 bolts (2). 8.
NOTE: Do not lose dowel pins when removing water pump.
1.Install new O-ring to water pump.
NOTE: Do not forget to install dowel pins on water pump side before mounting water pump to cylinder block.
2.Install heater outlet pipe to water pump, then install water pump (1) by using new bolts (2) to cylinder block and tighten to specified torque.
CAUTION:Use NEW bolts (2) to install water pump (1) to cylinder block. Failure to do so may result water leakage.
Water pump mounting bolt (a): 25 N.m (2.5 kg-m, 18.0 Lb-ft)
Install compressor to its bracket (if equipped with A/C).
3. Tighten heater outlet pipe bolt (1).
4.Install radiator outlet hose to thermostat cap . 5.Install generator belt.
6. Fill cooling system. Cooling System Flush and Refill . 7. Connect negative cable at battery.
8. Check each part for leakage.
Please consider a to help us answer more questions.
Friday, September 18th, 2009 AT 7:43 PM