Here are the procedures.
1. Set the vehicle on a lift.
2. Lift-up the vehicle.
3. Remove the under cover.
4. Drain the engine coolant completely.
5. Disconnect the radiator outlet hose from thermostat cover. (Non-turbo model)
6. Disconnect the radiator outlet hose. (Turbo model)
7. Remove the thermostat cover and gasket, and pull out the thermostat.
1. Install the thermostat in the water pump, and then install the thermostat cover together with a gasket.
" When installing the thermostat, use a new gasket.
" The thermostat must be installed with the jiggle pin (A) facing to front side.
Tightening torque: 6.5 N.m (0.66 kgf-m, 4.8 ft-lb)
Fill engine coolant.
2008 Mitchell Repair Information Co., LLC.
Saturday, May 1st, 2010 AT 2:49 PM