SHAKES OR WOBBLES PROBLEM1984 SUBARU WAGON 4 ...

1984 Subaru Wagon

gordon quigg

December, 19, 2009 AT 10:03 PM

Shakes or Wobbles problem
1984 Subaru Wagon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 500000 miles

Friend moved, gave me his subaru, which runs amazingly well, but now has an increasing problem with shuddering and wobbling only after the car is running hot after a hill climb at high speed for a long distance. The last time it got so bad it had bad wobbling and a strong tug to the left with each revolution of the wheels. It was hard to keep the car driving straight, so I pulled over and parked it at a friends work. Went back the next day and drove it home (down hill) and the problems symptoms were gone. But it always clicks at low speeds when accelerating in a sharp turn. I imagine its the broken boots on the axle and cv joints wearing them down due to dirt, a lack of grease, and an excess of friction, but I'm wondering what is required to solve that problem. What parts need to be replaced when cv joints are clicking and wobbling? Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Running Hot

mhpautos

December, 19, 2009 AT 10:15 PM

Hi there,

This clicking is worn CV joints, they don't last very long after the boots tear and they loose there grease.

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chevrolet
Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chrysler PT